Based on an analysis of terror attacks worldwide we see the following focus of terror attacks. Knowing the typical target areas helps to assess your own anti-terror responses and mitigate dangers.
- Explosive/incendiary devices
- Shootings and close quarter knife/acid etc. attacks
- Chemical, biological and radiological (CBR) devices/attacks
- Kidnappings – political/revenge/prisoner exchange/fund raising
- Surface to air missiles (in conflict zones)
- Access information that may be of use to them: Hacking, spoofing, mallware, ID theft
- Network/cyber attacks, hacking, spyware, ransomware, reputation attack
- Fund raising through criminal activity: Drugs, arms, CIT(Cash-In-Transit) raids, bank robberies, extortion etc.
- Money laundering