1) SATAC’s Mission is the collection, analysis and distribution of information, intelligence and opinion relating to terrorism, past, present and future, in South Africa. Therefore;
2) Messages posted to the whatsapp group must be relevant to the furtherance of this Mission.
3) Information shared here must be Open Source and attributed or a link given. No Classified or illegally gained information is to be published on any SATAC forum/group. If the material is your own, please indicate your copyright and any limitations on distribution. We do not permit plagiarism or, distribution without permission.
4) Whilst opinion is welcomed, hate speech or prejudice are not allowed unless clearly part of an attributed quote relevant to our Mission (such as a statement of threat against a group) and are balanced commentaries.
5) Whilst all members of the group are adults, profanity and insults are not allowed unless clearly part of an attributed quote relevant to our Mission.
6) This is a serious topic and group. All members of the group will treat each other with respect and dignity. Persons who do not understand this do not belong here.
7) Whilst politics, race, religion, sexuality and other sensitive topics may form part of the study of terror and can be quoted and debated here, this is not a platform for being judgemental or critical beyond mature discourse.
8) This group is not the place for jokes, cartoons (unless with gravitas), random traffic reports, party-politics, personal messages etc. or other non-Mission matters.
9) However, SATAC encourages cordial personal interaction between group members to foster the spirit of camaraderie or ‘esprit de corps’ and respect that is common to professionals and others who deal with the serious issue of terrorism. Common sence should prevail.
10) No advertising or promotion is allowed. Should a member request recommendations on equipment or services related to the SATAC Mission please respond privately or generically, i.e. suggesting a type of product or a solution is allowed, but brand-specific posts or contact details in furtherance of commercial action is strongly discouraged.
11) Please respect the privacy of the group by not discussing it’s contents outside of those with a direct interest and/or influence. Similarly, do not disclose the identities of those on the group elsewhere. As always, operational security and personal security are paramount.
12) If you are unsure of any aspect or if you have a specific issue, topic or subject to raise that falls outside of the ambit of these rules or that you are uncertain of, please seek guidance via PM from an Admin first.
13) Group numbers on whatsapp as a platform are limited so it is essential that we keep numbers tight and add people who will interact, contribute, teach and evolve. Lurkers (people who never contribute) will be periodically removed.
14) If you are unsure of any aspect or if you have a specific issue, topic or subject to raise that falls outside of the ambits of these rules or that you are uncertain of, please seek guidance from an Admin first.
15) Minor violations of these rules will result in a Personal Message warning. Gross violation may result in a warning on the group. Repeated violation will see the poster removed from the group.
Should you wish to be invited to the SATAC Whatsapp group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org